The Minisink Valley Historical Society is a volunteer-based organization dedicated to the preservation and management of historic and cultural resources of the Minisink Valley region and to provide educational opportunities both for its membership and the general public. Our mission is:
- To acquire by purchase, gift, devise or otherwise the title to or the custody or control of historic spots and places in the area defined as the Minisink Region.
- To preserve and protect buildings and sites of historic interest.
- To collect and preserve records, relics, archaeological materials, papers incident to the genealogical, biographical, civil, political, military, transportation, religious and general history of western Orange County and of the adjoining counties of Sussex, Pike and Sullivan near Port Jervis, commonly known as the Minisink Region.
- To mark places of historic interest with suitable monuments and markers.
- To foster and promote public knowledge of and interest in local and national history.