Print Topic - Archive

Minisink.org Genealogy Forum  /  Minisink Families  /  rhodes/rhoads family
Posted by: volney_powers (Guest), January 16, 2003, 5:42pm
Does anyoe have info on Rhodes/
Rhoads family or locations ??
Posted by: Guest (Guest), September 11, 2005, 4:16pm; Reply: 1
Don't know what branch(es) you're looking for.  Mine came from Rhode Island to Ulster County in 1769.  There are quite a few lines coming from the original Jeriah when he made the trek, mostly in Ulster County.
Posted by: Rhodes_Descendant, July 24, 2006, 1:48am; Reply: 2
My Great-Great Grandfather's name was Zebulon Griffin Rhodes.  He was born in Monticello, NY in 1835.  He served in the NY Cavalry and settled in Washington, D.C. when he was mustered out in 1865.

His parents were Alpheus Rhodes and Deborah Skinner Rhodes of Westbrookville and Mamakating.

Would like to make contact with anyone researching their families.

Margaret Agresti
Posted by: rosemarynation, September 25, 2006, 9:23pm; Reply: 3
Hattie RHODES married Robert NATION.  They lived in Mamakating late 19th century.  I think Hattie's parents were David and Harriet Rhodes  Looking to make contact with anyone connected to this family.
Posted by: stevevail, June 1, 2011, 3:24pm; Reply: 4
Rhodes/Roades s a common name.  My ancestor Benjamin Rhodes was from Connecticut but that's as far as I can go back.  He died in 1815 and the family ended up in Center Moriches, and his grandaughter, Mary Catherine Rhodes was married to my ggg grandfather, Gilbert King Vail, who was born Mamakating in 1820.  I'm not sure if they met in Orange County or Suffolk County.
Posted by: eldred, December 7, 2011, 1:48pm; Reply: 5
what about, David Rhodes(road)off the PineKill? Who was he?
Posted by: eldred, December 7, 2011, 1:53pm; Reply: 6
CAN anyone give me the contact # for the,Westbrookville R/Gun Club??  Very much want to hike off the PineKill Rd. but cannot locate that "road" that appears on Google maps, also, down the P/Kill rd
"Dartmouth Rd"??????
Print page generated: December 15, 2017, 4:06pm