Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Click Here or on the logo above to return to the Minisink.org main website.
Administrator contact: Webmaster
Minisink.org Genealogy Forum    Genealogy Research    Minisink Families  ›  Crawford family of Minisink
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

Crawford family of Minisink  This thread currently has 16,650 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
leonie
January 7, 2010, 2:54am Report to Moderator

Help! I am looking for information regarding the Crawford family in Minisink. William Crawford was born 03/02 1731. He had three wives (one at a time of course :-)) firstly Elizabeth Allen of Chatham, and he had a daughter there around 1778. He then moved to Port Jervis and married a French woman named Catherine Suiter (Souter, Soutter?). Her son was named James and he was the Bridge tender. His third wife was Catherine Smith, or Rolf, or Rolfsmith and I can never find any more information on her. The rest of William's decendents were with this third wife. Is there any more information out there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
kevinmac
April 9, 2011, 8:44pm Report to Moderator

Hi Leonie,

Responding to your request re: William Crawford and Catherine Smith. They were my 5th great-grandparents. Their oldest son was Moses whose son in turn was William Crocker Crawford who was my great-great-grandmother's father. I've been able to track back quite a bit from my late aunt's genealogy work and ancestry.com from other family lines.

Let me know what you're looking for or contact me via ancestry.com if you are a member there. I am kevinmac200 there.

It so happens that I am travelling east from California next month to visit the Minisink Valley as my grandmother's family was all in the area from the early 18th century until about 1900 when she and her family moved to Brooklyn.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 4
BBMountain
October 20, 2011, 2:22pm Report to Moderator

Hello Crawford Cousins,
I flow from the line of one of Moses' sisters, Mary Polly.  She married Moses Depue of Sandystown, NJ (though it probably was not called that then) and somehow ended up in Hopewell, Ontario County, NY.  Their daughter, Osee, married Thomas Brundage and they ventured to Ohio where they raised a family near McCutchenville. The next generation ventured even further, Wyoming in the 1860's-1870's.   But, I really don't have much info on the Crawfords. Where were they before the Minisink area?  Thanks, Bonnie
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 4
jim crawford
June 21, 2013, 3:01am Report to Moderator

moses depue crawford was my great,great uncle,his father was william c. crawford from michigan. he was in the
civil war,a member of the 4th michigan calvery,company k.who captured jefferson daves of the confederacy.
moses was born,feb. 25th 1819,ontaro county,new york.he died 25 aug. 1899. baried in hunters creek cemtary,
lapeer county michigan.time in service,7 aug. 1862,to 12 may 1864.army.rank,private.age 42.his mothers name was harriet h. crawford.moses was married three times,had two or three children,not sure of their names.
you can look up his military information on your computer,just punch in his name. or the washington arcives has
his military papers,which for a small fee they will send you copies.hope that this information will help you in your search. best of luck.  jim crawford.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 4
jim crawford
December 10, 2013, 1:30am Report to Moderator

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CAPTAIN THOMAS CRAWFORD,BORN 1690,DIED 1735.LIVED IN NEW
JERSEY,AND A SON WILLIAM WAS BORN 1731,IN JERSEY CITY,NEW JERSEY.THE MOTHER WAS ROXY ANN,
HAZEN. THOMAS AND ROXY ANN LIVED IN HUDSON COUNTY NEW JERSEY. THOMAS WAS A OWNER OF HIS OWN SHIP.I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE NAME OF HIS VESSEL,AND WHAT IT WAS USED FOR.CAN ANYONE
HELP ME WITH CAPTAIN THOMAS? HE WOULD BE MY 6TH GENERATION ANCESTER. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING
FOR HIM FOR A VERY LONG TIME NOW,AND I HAVE VERY LITTLE INFORMATION ON HIM. IT IS LIKE HE DROPED OFF THE EARTH IN 1735,WHEN HE WENT DOWN WITH HIS VESSEL AT THE AGE OF 45, IN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN. THANKS. JIM CRAWFORD.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Minisink.org Genealogy Forum    Genealogy Research    Minisink Families  ›  Crawford family of Minisink
Minisink Families (only location)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread