Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Click Here or on the logo above to return to the Minisink.org main website.
Administrator contact: Webmaster
Minisink.org Genealogy Forum    Genealogy Research    Minisink Families  ›  The early Quicl/Kwik Family
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

The early Quicl/Kwik Family  This thread currently has 14,403 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Cynthia_Middaugh-Z
December 29, 2006, 8:40pm Report to Moderator

Am looking for the parents of the Beletje Quick/Kwik who baptized a son named Solomon in the Kingston RDC: 11 Sep 1709 at Kingston: [Hoes B#1772]  [Father not named], Beelitje Kwik; Salomon (Illegitimate); Wit: Hendrik Dekker, Claartje de Hooges. This Solomon married Lea Decker, dau of Jacob Jans Decker and Antje Hendricks Kortreght. And, either the same Beletje or another Beletje Quick/Kwik who also baptised an Illegitimate son named Joel in the KRDC: 1726 Jan 16; , Beeletjen Kwik; Joel (ill); Jury Best, Antjen Donsbeggen. This Joel Quick married Christina Middagh in the Machackemack RDC September 03, 1751. Both Joel and Solomon Quick named a daughter Beletje. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
johnehope
October 18, 2007, 7:22pm Report to Moderator

I consulted the Quick genealogy and think I have found a candidate.
"C11 Belitje Jacobs Quick (B2), was named for her grandmother.  She m. 1st Gerrit Cosyn (Cosine); 2nd, Theunis Jansze, "a widower from the Bay," banns pub. 19 Dec. 1706; m. 16 Jan. 1707 (Flatbush D.C., p.96).  The Will of Gerritt of Cozynse of N.Y., 7 Sept. 1702, mentions wife, Beeltie, and names "Theunis Quick, my brother-in-law, as Guardian of my children" (NYW 2:16)." (1)
1) Quick, Arthur Craig; A Genealogy of the Quick Family p. 22

The two children you list are given by the Quick genealogy as children of Elletje Quick.
"His name does not appear again in ch. records of Kingston, Wawarsing, Minisink or Smithfield.  A "Solomon Quick, member of United Empire Loyalists (A Tory Organization), Niagara, H District, wife and one child" (Provision List, Niagara, 1786)." (1)
1) Quick Genealogy p. 41

"D 52 Joel Quick (C36) , bap. 16 Jan 1726 (Kingston, Ulster Co. Birth Records:3430).  Wit.: Jury Best and Antjen Donbeggen.  "Joel, y.m., m 3 Sept 1751 to Christina Middagh, y.w. (Minnisink Church Records:26 Records show that both resided at Machackemeck (Port Jervis).  Banns registered 3 July 1751."

"C36 Elletje Quick (B5), bap. 21 July 1688 (K68, m a Quick; had 2 children (D51-2)." (1)
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
JFM
December 17, 2008, 1:56am Report to Moderator

I am in possession of a Middaugh geneology dating back to Teunis Gijsbertssen Middagh, born about 1620 in Holland, emigrating to America at about age 20. There is a fairly detailed listing of descendants (names and dates of birth). In the sixth generation appears a Hendrick Cortright "Case" Middaugh (apparently the first to use this spelling), born 1754 Sussex County, NJ, married Jennetje Van Aken, Machackemeck, Orange, NY. One of his 11 children was Sarah Middagh who married a Daniel Quick, Westfall Township,PA. Any info on this particular Quick or any Middaughs of this time frame would be appreciated.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Minisink.org Genealogy Forum    Genealogy Research    Minisink Families  ›  The early Quicl/Kwik Family
Minisink Families (only location)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread