Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Click Here or on the logo above to return to the Minisink.org main website.
Administrator contact: Webmaster
Minisink.org Genealogy Forum    Genealogy Research    Minisink Families  ›  Wanted: Info George Brown and family
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

Wanted: Info George Brown and family  This thread currently has 6,352 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Anna_Wood
November 20, 2005, 7:32pm Report to Moderator

A George Brown arrived Cushetunk Valley c. 1788, married  widow Lana Decker Lassley (from PA) and had four children. Need info re the four children, especially George (Jr.) and his progeny. Am specifically looking for Sarah C. Brown who married Israel Wood around 1864.

Also, need info re Israel Wood's parents - not sure if they were residents of the Minisink area.

I would appreciate any help with these elusive ancestors.

Logged Offline
Private Message
casale_monferrato
November 22, 2005, 10:21pm Report to Moderator

Israel Wood of Town of Goshen (Farmer)

Liber D Page 474

Will made Aug 21, 1811  Probated Jan 22, 1812
Wife - Anna Wood   Brother: Vincent
Sons - George, Abner, Coe (minor), John (minor)
Daughters - Juliann Wood, Elsy Wood
Sister - Deborah Jackson
William C. Jackson (no relationship stated)
Executors - daniel Poopino, Vincent Wood
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 5
casale_monferrato
November 22, 2005, 10:27pm Report to Moderator

Wood, Israel of Elmira married Sarah C. Brown of Narrowsburg, N.Y.. Married on July 4, 1864.
Rev. Peck
(The Whig Press...July 6, 1864)
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 5
December 7, 2005, 7:09pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Thanks for info re Israel Wood of Goshen. I am searching for more about George, Israel's son, who may be the father of the Israel of my search. The marriage date of Israel and Sarah C. Brown works. Any info re her parents?
E-mail Reply: 3 - 5
Karlyn_Leslie
August 8, 2006, 12:26am Report to Moderator

Hello Anna,  I am the 5th great grand daughter of Eleanor Decker and Cornelius Lassley, Eleanor's first husband.  Tell me what information you would like on George Brown and Eleanor Decker.
I may have some or all of the information you want.  Thanks, Karlyn Leslie (used to be spelled Lassley)

[quote author=Anna Wood  link=1132515133&/0#3 date=1133982595]
Thanks for info re Israel Wood of Goshen. I am searching for more about George, Israel's son, who may be the father of the Israel of my search. The marriage date of Israel and Sarah C. Brown works. Any info re her parents?
[/quote]
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 5
jhrake
October 2, 2007, 4:03pm Report to Moderator

Would your George Brown happen to have a daughter named Mary, born in the early 1800's who married a James Conklin(g)?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Minisink.org Genealogy Forum    Genealogy Research    Minisink Families  ›  Wanted: Info George Brown and family
Minisink Families (only location)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread