Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Click Here or on the logo above to return to the Minisink.org main website.
Administrator contact: Webmaster
Minisink.org Genealogy Forum    Genealogy Research    Minisink Families  ›  William Walter Decker
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

William Walter Decker  This thread currently has 10,074 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Tom_Hulse
August 7, 2005, 4:26am Report to Moderator

Hello,
William Walter Decker born 23 Apr 1840-died 24 Dec 1862 in Faulmouth, Va during the Civil War.  I found he has two head stones, one in Pine Hill Cemetery, Sparrow Bush, NY and another in Hope Cemetery Newark Valley, Tioga, NY about 10 feet from Joseph D. Decker headstone.

At one time around 1870,  Joseph D. Decker b. 1843, wife Lydia b. 1843 and son James H. b.1863 lived off Rt 42  Rio-Quarryhill area near the Whitehead's (Whited) and the Goble's.  Eventually, James H. Decker married Ella M. Goble, daughter of Hezikiah Goble.  I am stating this to show that at one time, they lived in Orange County even though marriage cert. states James H. was born in Tioga.
Joseph was also in the Civil War and is buried in Hope Cemetery, Newark Valley,Tioga, NY too, as previously stated but he lived until 1929- 85+yrs old.

I am trying to determine relationship, if any. The Pine Hill Plot has the other Decker family and I'll try to lay out the family line as near as I can.

PINE HILL CEMETERY - Plot is located by the iron enterance gate and contains most or all of the following people:
John W. Decker 1820-1878 and wife Catherine +
3 children: probably had more
William Walter Decker 1840-1862- wife Emma A Chase 1842-1911
John Edgar Decker  b.1855-1915
Lydia Decker  b.1859

I believe John W. Decker's father was David Decker 1796-1858 and mother was Sarah - d. 1861

Does anyone have a connection or information on these families?

If David Decker was the father of John W, are there other children?

I believe Joseph's father was Moses Decker.  Could he be a child of David?

Were Joseph and William brothers? Only 3 yrs diff. in age.

I understand Ella M. Goble' s mother Mary Catherine "Kate", married a Decker after her husband Hezikiah died 1897 and she lived in Port Jervis with him until his death, then her death in Dec 1924.  Does anyone know his first name or his family information?

Does anyone have connections with the Decker's that lived in Hartwood, Paradise and Oakland Valley?  Somehow, I believe there is a connection within these families.

I would like to exchange email with you that are also looking for local Decker ancestry and attached families to be more productive in coming up with answers.

Thanks,
Tom       heirhunter@msn.com

Logged Offline
Private Message
maxine
February 5, 2006, 6:59am Report to Moderator

Tom
there are several names on your post that relate to my family lineage such as Moses Decker , my older sister has alot of Decker info that may help you as well as she is the one whom gave me the web address of this site , I have some  geaneology stuff as well and in the coming days will get the web addresses up and send you the ones that my sister has sent to me .I know I looked at the Fort Decker part on this web site and it is all  of my family .I would like to keep in touch by email as well .Looking forward to your reply . Thank you for posting
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
heirhunter
April 28, 2006, 3:22am Report to Moderator

Re: DECKER

Hello Maxine,  

Sorry for the long delay in responding.  It's been awhile since I've been on this site.  Here's where I began:

I started tracing the DECKER surname when I found out my grandfather Harry LeRoy Hulse, born 8/8/1888 was actually adopted.  His name at birth was LeRoy N. DECKER according to NY adoption records in 1892.  He was adopted by Henry HULSE and Lottie AUMICK HULSE.  His biological parents were James H. and Ella M. GOBLE DECKER.  James H. DECKER's father was Joseph D. DECKER and mother, Mary BAILEY DECKER and they lived on RT 42, Rio (Quarry Hill) NY in 1870 era.  Joseph was reportedly born in the Orange/Sullivan area but the family moved to Maine, NY  then Newark Valley, NY and stayed in that area.  

I found Joseph's headstone in the Hope Cemetery in Newark Valley, Tioga Co, NY.  He died in 1929 and was the last one alive from the area Civil War Vets.  Close by, I found William Walter DECKER.  He was killed in the Civil War.  I found the identical William Walter DECKER headstone in the Sparrow Bush, Orange, NY  Pine Hill Cemetery.  I was trying to pinpoint a connection and relationship.  I found Moses DECKER on the 1850 Tioga Co, NY Federal Census and he had a son Joseph, which fits this Joseph- b. 1843 and his obit says his father was Moses. I have found no current relatives.

You mention, you and especially your older sister have a lot on DECKER.  I would enjoy comparing our notes and your DECKER linage.  I posted this email in hope that some other soul with DECKER (or any other associated family) might see this and offer more bits of information.  One last comment for now, I have heard through the wood pile that Whitehead or Whited of Rio, NY may be tied to my DECKER line, pertaining to James.

I await your reply..

Tom Hulse

13119 Nebraska Ct.

Kansas City, KS 66109

Email heirhunter@msn.com or heirhunter@sbcglobal.net

[quote author=maxine  link=1123388815&/0#1 date=1139122755]
Tom
there are several names on your post that relate to my family lineage such as Moses Decker , my older sister has alot of Decker info that may help you as well as she is the one whom gave me the web address of this site , I have some  geaneology stuff as well and in the coming days will get the web addresses up and send you the ones that my sister has sent to me .I know I looked at the Fort Decker part on this web site and it is all  of my family .I would like to keep in touch by email as well .Looking forward to your reply . Thank you for posting
[/quote]
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Minisink.org Genealogy Forum    Genealogy Research    Minisink Families  ›  William Walter Decker
Minisink Families (only location)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread